Keto doctors near me
Over 20 directories of Keto Providers near me: Doctors | Dietitians & Nutritionists | Other Coaches & Fitness Experts | Other variants of therapeutic carbohydrate restriction | Building my keto treatment team.
Here is an iterative provider list of clinicians who represent themselves as low-carb, ketogenic or pro intermittent fasting in their practice. We want to help you find clinicians in your area, but we are not a certifying body or a licensing agency. So we cannot endorse the quality of care a clinician will provide. Patient beware. You must use your judgement before you engage any service listed here. Always check for relevant licensing and/or certification.
There are many different versions of the ketogenic diet. If you are on prescription medications or have a medical condition then please work with a competent clinician because dangerous adverse events can occur. Your ketogenic therapy treatment team can tailor your treatment to your healthcare needs and lifestyle.
Listings include low-carb and ketogenic doctors.
World-wide listings of keto doctors
- Diet Doctor: Over 500 doctors recommending a low-carb or keto diet. Worldwide.
- FoodMed.net: Low-Carb listings. Includes many specialties. Worldwide.
- Nutrition Network: Low-Carb & Keto Practitioners
- Jimmy Moore: KetogenicDocs.com Emphasis on United States.
Regional listings of keto doctors in English
- Low Carb USA: Medical Practitioners– Anyone in the medical field who is open to the Low Carb Conversation. Mostly U.S.A.
- Ketogenic.com: Keto Doctors Focused on Eastern, Central and Southern regions of U.S.A.
- Low Carb Down Under: LCHF Doctors (Low-Carb, High-Fat). Australia & New Zealand
- Ditch the Carbs: Low-Carb Practitioners Can choose by specialty and location. Licensed specialties and non-licensed.
- Public Health Collaboration: PHC’s Ambassadors Programme. United Kingdom. Ambassadors nurture local networks to help people make healthier decisions.
- Obesity Medicine Association: Find an Obesity Medicine Clinician. U.S.A. (Some may be keto and low carb friendly. Others less so.)
Regional listings of keto doctors in other languages
- French (France, Canada, Belgium, Hungary)
- Eat Fat 2 be Fit: Les professionnels de la santé sensibilisés à l’alimentation LCHF
Therapeutic carbohydrate restriction (Doctors, Coaches & Dietitians)
Time Restricted Eating and Intermittent Fasting
A ketogenic state can be achieved through diet, fasting, and/or exercise. Many low-carb and keto practitioners also use intermittent fasting as a treatment option.
- The Fasting Doctor: Physician Referral Network.
- The Fasting Method: Fasting Behavior and Health Coaching
Anecdotes abound and research is growing of food allergies, auto-immune conditions and more responding to elimination diets. Elimination protocols might start with sugar and processed foods, eating only meat products, eating no meat products, Paleo, whole foods etc. Both carnivore and vegetarian diets can be ketogenic, but aren’t necessarily so.
- Animal-Based Medicine Referral Network (Heart & Soil is affiliated with Carnivore MD, Paul Saladino)
- Meat Rx – Book a carnivore Coach or consult with Shawn Baker, MD
You may want to add a keto dietitian or a keto coach to your team.
Dietitians experienced with ketogenic therapies for epilepsy
Experienced with ketogenic therapies for pediatric epilepsy (100 years of research for this indication). See their guidelines here.
- Charlie Foundation: Find a professional (U.S.A. based nutritionists)
- Matthews Friends: UK, Canada, New Zealand, and other countries. (Germany, Italy, Poland, South Africa, Spain, USA, Worldwide)
Ketogenic nutritionists and dietitians
- Low Carb USA: Low-carbohydrate, high-fat Nutritionists and Dietitians
- Food Med.net: Low-Carb Dietitians / Nutritionists
- Low Carb Down Under: Australia, New Zealand.
Keto for Psych – Ketogenic diet for psychiatric conditions
The strongest evidence for treatment-resistant brain conditions points to using the Dietary Therapies for Epilepsy rather than Prescription of Carbohydrate Restriction as a Therapeutic Intervention. One major difference is the former focuses on the ratio of fat grams to grams of carbohydrate and protein. The latter focuses on daily grams of dietary carbohydrates.
Do I care if the practitioner is licensed or certified?
Countries and states have their own licensing of health care providers and who may practice what where. Doctors and registered dietitians are typically licensed while nutritionists are not. Some of these regulatory restrictions have relaxed during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Low-Carbohydrate, High Fat Health Coaches and Fitness Experts
Other low-carb and keto practitioners
- Low Carb USA’s: Low-Carb, High Fat Health Coaches and Fitness Experts
- LowCarbPractitioners.com: Directory
- FoodMed.net: Low-Carb Map of the World
- LowCarbDownUnder: LCHF Resources. Australia, New Zealand. Includes
- LCHF Allied Health Practitioners
- LCHF Health Coaches
Some of our other articles might also interest you
- Best keto resources for doctors, patients & family
- How to build my ketogenic therapy treatment team
- Fact check – Americans Can’t Afford to Wait Any Longer. It’s Time to Overhaul the U.S. Dietary Guidelines
- Why write medical case reports about unique cases?
What we excluded
Since the science is still emerging on supplements, we excluded sites that are focused on supplement sales over encouraging real food. Your keto clinicians and other practitioners will be able to help you better understand the trade off’s around supplements.
Metabolic Multiplier and the authors have no financial relationship with anyone on this list.