Accelerate the promotion of metabolic health – Join our team!
Teams: | Science-Education | Clinical Protocols & Toolkits | Organizing Research | Promoting Metabolic Health || Ad hoc Working Groups: | Building my Metabolic Health Practice | Insurance, Healthcare Administration, & Reimbursement | Legal, Legislative, & Regulatory || Wish list for future groups.
We at Metabolic Multiplier enthusiastically support Society for Metabolic Health Practitioners and other groups promoting metabolic health .
Team Clinical Protocols & Toolkits
(Formerly Team Clinicians)
Support the Society for Metabolic Health Practitioners (SMHP) to develop and promote standardized protocols for implementing metabolic health interventions in the clinical setting. (See Emerging keto guidelines)
Team Clinicians – @ 9:00 am – 10:00 am ET (New York)
Meets 3rd Thursday of each month. Join with Google Meet
Organizing Research Team
Promoting human metabolic health with useful organization of research.
Organizing Research Team meetings
- Wednesday, January 6, 2021 6pm – 7:30 – r/subreddit focus with Travis Statham
- Saturday, February 6 @ 8:00 am – 9:00 am EST – Sarah Rice back.
Research libraries on Zotero
- Metabolic Multiplier Curated by Sarah Rice of Nutrition Network. ~2,500 studies organized by collection.
- Keto Science Database (9,000+ studies) a more comprehensive list administered by Travis Statham et al. Organized by tags.
Low Carbohydrate References with Nutrition Network
Our thanks to Sarah Rice for her hard work curating! (Volunteers can request early access. A subset of the Zotero database above.)
- Most significant studies gathered into over 100 collections
- Developing 2 page overviews for low-carb nutrition and
Promoting Metabolic Health Team
(Formerly Team Communication, Social Media & Leadership )
How do we make people care about metabolic health? Join our team of content creator volunteers. Build a portfolio of shareable content for practitioners and other influencers. Build on our Communication and style guides for consistent messaging. The best ways to volunteer are by joining this meeting or by contacting us.
Promoting Metabolic Health @ 1:00 pm – 2:30 pm
- Communication guide for Metabolic Health Alliance & Metabolic Multiplier
- Style Guide for Metabolic Multiplier
- What Foundations support Metabolic Health?
Read about their 2 asks and adequate essential nutrition, an alternative approach to the dietary guidelines. Generously provided input for
- How might we approach metabolic health definitions?
- What Foundations support Metabolic Health? Encouraging them to meet in a metabolic health Summit
- Supporting Metabolic Health in Communities of Color
Ad Hoc Working Groups
Building my Metabolic Health Practice team
Help potential patients looking for a low-carb clinician find you when they are looking for clinician support on their low-carb journey. Consumers might look in anyone of over 20 listings of Keto Doctors and Clinicians near me. If you are a low-carb practitioner building your practice, then we want to provide you tools to help you succeed. This Google sheet, Marketing your low-carb practice, can help. It has links to the submission page for each metabolic health practitioners directory. Let us know how it works for you or if we can help you along the way!
Explain mechanisms of insulin resistance for the keto curious.
“Elucidate the intercellular mechanisms that extend into the overall pathophysiological outcomes as the underlying rationale for metabolic intervention.”David Pendergrass, Science Team Chair
Science Education A – @ 1:00 pm – 2:30 pm ET (New York)
Science Education B – @ 8:00 pm – 9:30 pm ET (New York)
- Meets first Tuesdays of each month.
- To accommodate worldwide interest there will be two meetings with the same agenda. Choose what’s convenient.
Insurance, Healthcare Administration & Reimbursement
- Insurance: Underwriting, Health, Life, & Critical Care. Create talking points to target self insured employers
- Include insurance reimbursement & healthcare administration. See Virta Health’s “Employers” tab for a compelling cost savings
- Support efforts by hospitals & healthcare practices that employ lifestyle and metabolic health initiatives. Identify opportunities for promotion and synergy. Coordinate with Education Team regarding useful educational materials.
- Encourage Insurance companies to develop actuary tables that reflect the impact of improved metabolic health on life span and overall costs.
See what we’ve discussed as desirable at previous meetings. Want more information? Then subscribe to our newsletter below.
Please indicate your areas of interest with the form above.
Learn more about…
- Upcoming volunteer events
- Metabolic Health Alliance
- Metabolic Multiplier
- Our September volunteer round up.
Let us know where you’d like to help or just join a meeting!
**Meeting Ground Rules
- Focus on what unites us – Metabolic Multiplier’s teams are intended for those interested in furthering metabolic health. We are diet diplomats, so please take “diet wars” elsewhere.
- Meeting Times – Initial meeting times try to span the globe: 6am – CA, 9 am – New York, 3pm Amsterdam, 11pm Melbourne, 7pm New Delhi. Each team may adjust to actual participants.
- Next Steps – last 10-15 minutes of each meeting.
- Virtual Water Cooler – Join others after the meeting or 15 minutes before to socialize.
Curate existing resources
- Using metabolic schematics to organize our thinking about metabolic health.
- Best Keto Resources
- Affinity Groups| Black culture | Most under-served groups | We need you!
- Pot GK, Battjes-Fries MC, Patijn ON, et al Lifestyle medicine for type 2 diabetes: practice-based evidence for long-term efficacy of a multicomponent lifestyle intervention (Reverse Diabetes2 Now). BMJ Nutrition, Prevention & Health. 2020;bmjnph-2020-000081. doi: 10.1136/bmjnph-2020-000081